The overall goal of the project is to create a text that is readily accessible to people who do not have advanced knowledge of Greek, can be read quickly and easily, and will offend nobody. Ideally, it should be instantly understandable to those who know no Greek at all.
To reach this goal, the project will eliminate deficiencies found in existing Greek texts:
- Difficult readings and hard to understand sentences
- Challenging grammar and vocabulary
- Material that may be theologically or ethically offensive to some groups
- Overly long passages - the project will reduce the overall length of the New Testament by 40%
- Difficult-to-read critical apparatus
- Material found to be unattractive to advertisers
People who wish to help on this project should contact Reader's Digest directly.