SBL2015 Corpus-based Computing/Linguistics for Ancient Greek

Anything related to Biblical Greek that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Jonathan Robie

SBL2015 Corpus-based Computing/Linguistics for Ancient Greek

Post by Jonathan Robie »

The tentative program for GERT's SBL 2015 Corpus-based Computing/Linguistics for Ancient Greek session has now been announced.
Randall Tan wrote:I'm pleased to announce the following tentative lineup for GERT's SBL 2015 Corpus-based Computing/Linguistics for Ancient Greek session:

Jonathan Robie, biblicalhumanities.org, Presiding

Bruce Robertson, Mount Allison University
Biblical Greek OCR: Achievements, Opportunities and Challenges (30 min)

Alan Bunning, Purdue University
Early New Testament Manuscripts and the Implications for Textual Criticism (30 min)

Robert J. Gorman, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Syntactic Stylometry on the Basis of Ancient Greek Treebanks (30 min)

J. K. Tauber, MorphGNT
A Morphological Lexicon of New Testament Greek (30 min)

Josh Westbury, Faithlife Corp. (Logos Bible Software) and Scott Fleischman, Logos Bible Software
Modeling the Morphophonology of Ancient Greek: A Human-directed Computational Approach (30 min)

Please join us in Atlanta at the Society of Biblical Literature (SBL) Annual Meeting, Nov 21-24, 2015, to participate in this session. For details on the conference, please see http://www.sbl-site.org/meetings/AnnualMeeting.aspx.

P.S. Watch out for conference registration to open next week. I'll post an announcement here as well. The best conference registration Super Saver rate is good until May 21, but the best hotels (pretty good conference rates this year, by the way) may fill out before then. So, be sure to register as soon as possible after registration opens. A cool fact: As a co-chair of a program unit for many years, I've often had the opportunity to register early. This year is the first time I received an official e-mail from the SBL Executive Office informing me that I was tied for first among the very first registrants.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/

Return to “Other”