Brian Renshaw

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Brian Renshaw

Brian Renshaw

Post by Brian Renshaw »

Hello everyone! My name is Brian Renshaw and I am in my second semester of NT Greek (our first semester is elementary and second is syntax) at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY. My first semester we went through Mounce's "Basics of Biblical Greek" textbook. In my second semester we just finished Baugh's 1 John Reader and currently are going through different NT passages. I really enjoyed my first semester in Greek and it sparked an interest in me in learning the language as a whole and not just translate. My goal after seminary is to be a pastor and hopefully down the road I would like to teach Greek (that is if I learn it first!). I have already been helped greatly by reading through the boards on here and have seen the great need to immerse myself in Greek (which I was not previously doing!).
Jesse Goulet

Re: Brian Renshaw

Post by Jesse Goulet »

Welcome. I'm surprised you went through Mounce in just one semester. I've been using Mounce for review and it's taken me two whole semesters worth of time just to review the stuff I already partially know. It took us two semesters in Bible College to go through an abridged version of a Ray Summers textbook, including skipping over many parts of it, so I don't know how your class pulled that off.
Brian Renshaw

Post by Brian Renshaw »

When we started the professor told us most schools spend a semester doing what we do in one semester. It was definitely an intense semester but spending 2 hours a day working through the book it was doable.
Stephen Carlson

Post by Stephen Carlson »

When I taught using Mounce, I did two lessons a week and finished the textbook in mid-February.
Stephen C. Carlson, Ph.D.
Melbourne, Australia
Jonathan Robie

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Brian Renshaw wrote:When we started the professor told us most schools spend a semester doing what we do in one semester.
Is that surprising?

I suspect you meant to say something different ...
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Brian Renshaw

Post by Brian Renshaw »

Jonathan Robie wrote:
Brian Renshaw wrote:When we started the professor told us most schools spend a semester doing what we do in one semester.
Is that surprising?

I suspect you meant to say something different ...
Yes I meant to say that he told us most schools spend two semesters doing what we did in one semester.

Return to “Introductions”