Susan Jeffers

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
SusanJeffers

Susan Jeffers

Post by SusanJeffers »

I joined b-greek for the first time back in the 1990s, not sure when exactly. At that time I had been fumbling along with interlinears and the old Parsons Bible Tutor program. Eventually someone told me I should work my way through a grammar book, which I did, and I also attended seminary, picked up some Hebrew, and did an MA using both Greek and Hebrew. Now I teach online Greek I & II for a couple of different seminaries, and, as one other writer here said -- am proud to call myself "a little Greek" :-)

I don't always find time to read b-greek, but having it come up in my email over the years has helped keep me on track, as reading the Bible in Greek (and Hebrew) is a primary spiritual discipline for me. My motivations are almost entirely religious/spiritual, and I'm convinced that the value of attending closely to the very words and meaning of Scripture is implicit in its value as sacred text. In addition to the discussions of specific biblical texts and points of grammar, I value the occasional recommendations and comments on new books and articles; I often purchase books based on comments on b-greek.

I am soooo grateful to the folks who have administered and contributed to b-greek all this time, and I pray for the success of this new format. I certainly didn't welcome the change (old dog new tricks), but now that it's here I'll give it my best effort.
SusanJeffers

Re: Susan Jeffers

Post by SusanJeffers »

oops - I forgot to mention my main website (in need of updating): http://www.read-the-bible.org

Return to “Introductions”