Jason Hare

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.

Jason Hare

Postby Jason Hare » June 4th, 2011, 12:22 pm

χαίρετε

I first joined B-Greek around the year 2000. I was a student at Ozark Christian College. Took three years of Greek there, in which we used Mounce and the Erasmian pronunciation. We translated 1 John, the Gospel of John and several other shorter texts while in college.

Always felt like my Greek was lacking, and recently I worked with a group on GreekStudy through level 1 of Athenaze (after years of having Greek on the shelf and only lurking on this B-Greek mailing list). I'd like to get to some reading proficiency in Attic. I've got a long way to go, and lately life's kinda hectic. But, eventually I hope to be really proficient and confident in my Greek.

Hope all are well. I'm looking forward to the new forum, being an active participant in many forums online and having my own Hebrew language instruction forum. I think it's an excellent way to exchange.

Regards!

Jason Hare
Jason A. Hare
Rehovot, Israel
Jason Hare

Re: Jason Hare

Postby Jonathan Robie » June 4th, 2011, 1:39 pm

jaihare wrote: and having my own Hebrew language instruction forum

Where?
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
Jonathan Robie

Re: Jason Hare

Postby Jason Hare » June 4th, 2011, 3:04 pm

Jonathan Robie wrote:
jaihare wrote: and having my own Hebrew language instruction forum

Where?

Hi, Jonathan.

My forum is located at thehebrewcafe.com/forum. The main focus is for those who are studying Hebrew, to answer questions, etc. I want to build something along the lines of what you've done here, but I need to get people involved in asking and answering questions. I really don't like it focusing on me (as it's done until now).

We've got subforums for study groups, but they don't get a lot of attention since we cannot make the material public and must limit access to those who have copies of the books.

I've already put together some instruction on how to read the alphabet and such (on the main site). I'd like to eventually have something much more substantial placed on the site. Any advice or engagement would be appreciated.

On the forum, my name is "Guy" - as it is what I choose to go by in Israel.

Jason (ג'ייסון) quite easily simplifies to Jay/Jai (ג'יי), which in turn is very close to the Hebrew name Guy (גיא).

Regards,
Jason
Jason A. Hare
Rehovot, Israel
Jason Hare

Return to Introductions