Hi There!

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Scott Cove

Hi There!

Post by Scott Cove »

Hi there!

My name is Scott Cove, and I am currently studying a Bachelor of Theology/Ministry Double degree at Melbourne School of Theology (In Melbourne, Australia of course!). Having just completed first year Greek (one of the most intensive in Oz, I am told), I am looking to keep my skills up, as well as sharpen them for the upcoming Intermediate course in Febuary. As a result, I have set myself a summer project to work my way through and translate the Pastorals, starting with Titus. I have come up with a few questions already, and am looking for some help with particularly the gramatical issues that arise.

I am looking forward to digging in with you all!

Thanks,
Scott.
C.R. Gottil

Re: Hi There!

Post by C.R. Gottil »

Welcome, it's nice to know the church is not totally dead in Australia! Also, I'm not sure if this site allows for it, but I would love to get some people and translate through a book together, if others would be up for it. Maybe we could set up a topic within the forum, stay at the same pace, and share questions and encouragements. :ugeek: But I'm newer to this site than you are, maybe people have already done it.
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” (Revelation 1:8)
Ken M. Penner

Post by Ken M. Penner »

CGOTTIL wrote: I would love to get some people and translate through a book together, if others would be up for it. Maybe we could set up a topic within the forum, stay at the same pace, and share questions and encouragements. :ugeek: But I'm newer to this site than you are, maybe people have already done it.
We have done this here before (see http://www.ibiblio.org/bgreek/forum/viewforum.php?f=51), but in 2014 we will be working through Isaiah in Greek through a Facebook group, at https://www.facebook.com/groups/461575637214732/
Ken M. Penner
Professor and Chair of Religious Studies, St. Francis Xavier University
Co-Editor, Digital Biblical Studies
General Editor, Lexham English Septuagint
Co-Editor, Online Critical Pseudepigrapha pseudepigrapha.org
C.R. Gottil

Post by C.R. Gottil »

Cool, thank you! The LXX might be interesting to try, I've really only taken NT Greek.
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” (Revelation 1:8)

Return to “Introductions”