Hello!

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Calvin Rempel

Hello!

Post by Calvin Rempel »

Greetings.

My name is Calvin, and I hail from the prairies of the sometimes chilly land of Canada.

In the fall semester of 2008 I began studying Biblical Greek in Bible School. While I passed second semester Greek the following spring, I did not get it to a terribly useful level of mastery, and for a couple of years afterwards I puttered about with it to little effect, finally setting it aside for a time. At the present, I am going through my textbook (Basics of Biblical Greek, 2nd Ed.) trying to maintain a pace of about 1 chapter a day to try recovering what I have forgotten and to progress beyond where I left the language at the end of that year of college. I have definitely found that I did myself a disservice when I was studying Greek in college in as much as I did not adequately learn the content of each chapter nor practice it effectively in the exercises (something I am now striving to do).

In my wanderings on the internet, I stumbled across this place, and it grabbed my interest as - unlike other language forums (such as those at how-to-learn-any-language.com) - this one focuses exclusively on my language of interest.

I look forward to participating in the discussions on this board.
Jonathan Robie

Re: Hello!

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Welcome to B-Greek, Calvin! Where did you go to Bible School?
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Calvin Rempel

Post by Calvin Rempel »

Thanks, Jonathan.

I attended Bethany College in Hepburn, Saskatchewan where I got my Bachelors Degree in Christian Studies and my Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies and Pastoral Ministries. It was in my second year that myself and another student took an interest in biblical languages and started playing around with Hebrew on our own. Since Hebrew was not going to be offered while we were there, I opted to take Greek in my third year of studies.
Peter Pankonin

Post by Peter Pankonin »

χαίρειν, Calvin and welcome to the list...from a fellow Albertan just down the road about 180 km.
--
Πέτρος Πανκώνιν
"There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't"

Return to “Introductions”