I finally joined

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Doug Dinnsen

I finally joined

Post by Doug Dinnsen »

I've been thinking of joining a Greek forum for years. I took two years of Greek at The Master's Seminary and have maintained it through regular study and translation of the Greek New Testament over 25 years, but have not advanced much my knowledge of Greek. I sometimes run into topics I'd like to discuss, but until now, I have had no one to discuss them with. Doug Dinnsen
Stephen Hughes

Re: I finally joined

Post by Stephen Hughes »

Doug Dinnsen wrote:I took two years of Greek at The Master's Seminary and have maintained it through regular study and translation of the Greek New Testament over 25 years, but have not advanced much my knowledge of Greek.
Knowledge (or the want of it) aside, I'm sure you have developed a lot of skill in handling the Greek text over the years. 8-)
Γελᾷ δ' ὁ μωρός, κἄν τι μὴ γέλοιον ᾖ
(Menander, Γνῶμαι μονόστιχοι 108)
Barry Hofstetter

Re: I finally joined

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Welcome, Doug. I agree with Stephen -- even if you haven't picked up a lot of the latest talking points and buzz words (sorry, watching too many presidential debates lately), the fact that you have kept up with it for the past 25 years means that you have a very solid foundation and most likely have developed an excellent intuition for the text and the language. Jump in at any point or feel free to start a thread...
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.

Return to “Introductions”