Study group

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Mario Been

Study group

Post by Mario Been »

Hello,

Found this forum in a search for online study aids and help, and as an extra motivation to continue even if it will get hard.

I first bought a greek course 20 years ago and so far got through the alfabet back then. Now I'm a few chapters further ahead so thumbs up!
Working my own way through self study with the Teach yourself books of (ancient) Greek and NT Greek. Not as hard as I thought but learning a language can best be done before the age of 18. I'm too late....
Choose for selfstudy because I can't get out of the house often due to health, and primarily because of the fact I don't want my biblical studies to be dominated by a theological or institutional church organzation, but enjoy it just as it comes to me. Although I will certainly visit a Greek orthodox service soon to hear the language in use. And a restaurant that serves souflaki.

I Want to become able to read the New Testament, both in Koine and in Katherevousa. So I also have an ebook of the Teach yourself modern greek from 1969. And later on the septuagint.

I'm Located in the oldest city of Holland, Dordrecht. I Pledge here for substituting the international language called "english" for koine!
Jonathan Robie

Re: Study group

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Welcome, Mario!
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/

Return to “Introductions”