Professor of New Testament, Costa Rica

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
gshogren

Professor of New Testament, Costa Rica

Post by gshogren »

Hi, Gary Shogren. I have been a New Testament professor for some years, with a PhD from Kings College, Aberdeen, Scotland. I am a professor at Seminario ESEPA, a Bible college and seminary in San Jose, Costa Rica, where I teach in Spanish - my second language. I have written several commentaries, most notably 1-2 Thessalonians: Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament. χαιρειν!
Gary Shogren
Profesor de Nuevo Testamento
Seminario ESEPA
San José, Costa Rica
MAubrey

Re: Professor of New Testament, Costa Rica

Post by MAubrey »

Welcome, Gary!
Mike Aubrey, Linguist
SIL International
Koine-Greek.com
Jonathan Robie

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Welcome, Gary, it's good to have you here!
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Barry Hofstetter

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

And another welcome. I see you've already posted once, feel free to do so anywhere anytime.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.
Shirley Rollinson

Post by Shirley Rollinson »

gshogren wrote:Hi, Gary Shogren. I have been a New Testament professor for some years, with a PhD from Kings College, Aberdeen, Scotland. I am a professor at Seminario ESEPA, a Bible college and seminary in San Jose, Costa Rica, where I teach in Spanish - my second language. I have written several commentaries, most notably 1-2 Thessalonians: Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament. χαιρειν!
Welcome Gary
When were you at Aberdeen?
I taught Chemistry at Aberdeen U. (King's College) - 50 years ago
Shirley Rollinson
gshogren

Post by gshogren »

Shirley, hi! I was there from '83-'86, and have very fond memories. We lived in Bankhead, and had regular season tickets to the orchestra, and attended Bridge of Don Baptist Church. My office in Kings was in the tower to the south of the Kings chapel. See you!
Gary Shogren
Profesor de Nuevo Testamento
Seminario ESEPA
San José, Costa Rica
Shirley Rollinson

Post by Shirley Rollinson »

gshogren wrote:Shirley, hi! I was there from '83-'86, and have very fond memories. We lived in Bankhead, and had regular season tickets to the orchestra, and attended Bridge of Don Baptist Church. My office in Kings was in the tower to the south of the Kings chapel. See you!
I was there a bit earlier - was a member of the orchestra, sang in the King's College choir, and was one of the first faculty to live in Crombie Hall - when it just opened.
There was a gal called Elizabeth in the Theology department who arrived the same year I did - she was working on one of the Dead Sea Scrolls - the Copper Scroll, if I remember correctly.

Return to “Introductions”