Well, it's hello from me

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
James Dowden

Well, it's hello from me

Post by James Dowden »

Introductions are in my opinion the hardest thing to write. Don't know how Westcott and Hort managed to be so prolix. So without further ado, hello, I'm James, I live in Wales. I had the privilege of pawing over bits of Euripides and Thucydides way back in my youth, before reading Archaeology at university and developing a temporary fixation with epigraphy. Now avoiding mud and cooped up indoors, my current nerdy distraction from real life is of course the whole manuscripts and textual criticism side of things. Joining because I've been meaning to for a while. Doubtless I've encountered many people from here before in other contexts. Anyway, hello, everyone!
ἐγὼ ἀπέστειλα ὑμᾶς θερίζειν ὃ οὐχ ὑμεῖς κεκοπιάκατε· ἄλλοι κεκοπιάκασιν, καὶ ὑμεῖς εἰς τὸν κόπον αὐτῶν εἰσεληλύθατε.
Jonathan Robie

Re: Well, it's hello from me

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Well hello, and welcome!

Tell us more about what you do with manuscripts and textual criticism?
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Robert Crowe

Re: Well, it's hello from me

Post by Robert Crowe »

James Dowden wrote:my current nerdy distraction from real life is of course the whole manuscripts and textual criticism side of things.
The distinction between escapism and reality is not a dichotomy. There is such a thing as escaping into reality.

[Moi-meme]

Or was it 'Alice in Wonderland'?

Robert
Tús maith leath na hoibre.

Return to “Introductions”