Hello

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
AlexCostea

Hello

Post by AlexCostea »

Hi everybody,

My name is Alex, I'm from Romania and I'm currently living in The Netherlands. I'm here for a master program in theology. Here at my seminary I fell in love with biblical languages, especially Greek. I would like to learn more about the biblical Greek and one day maybe teach it. I love Greek that much that I decided my thesis will be on this area and I'm going to write on the translation of the Greek middle voice as rendered by the Romanian Orthodox Church. As an evangelical will be hard to critique it without sounding as attacking them. However, I have some hard time finding lots of books/articles on the middle voice. I have some good articles and the reference grammars (Wallace, BDF, Robertson, Moulton), but I want more. So any help in this direction is welcomed. Hope the discussions here will be inspiring.
Jonathan Robie

Re: Hello

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Welcome, Alex!
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Thomas Dolhanty

Re: Hello

Post by Thomas Dolhanty »

AlexCostea wrote:Hi everybody,

My name is Alex, I'm from Romania and I'm currently living in The Netherlands. I'm here for a master program in theology. Here at my seminary I fell in love with biblical languages, especially Greek. I would like to learn more about the biblical Greek and one day maybe teach it. I love Greek that much that I decided my thesis will be on this area and I'm going to write on the translation of the Greek middle voice as rendered by the Romanian Orthodox Church. As an evangelical will be hard to critique it without sounding as attacking them. However, I have some hard time finding lots of books/articles on the middle voice. I have some good articles and the reference grammars (Wallace, BDF, Robertson, Moulton), but I want more. So any help in this direction is welcomed. Hope the discussions here will be inspiring.
Hello and welcome to B-Greek, Alex. One of the men studying Greek with me this year is a native Romanian, and also an Evangelical Christian. His mother lives in Greece, and he speaks modern Greek quite fluently, though his vocabulary is quite limited as he has not lived there himself, but only visited a few times.

Check your PM, and I will give you a bit more information, in case you both want to connect.
γράφω μαθεῖν

Return to “Introductions”