χαίρετε, μου ὄνομα ἐστιν Μαθθαιον

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Matt Lahey

χαίρετε, μου ὄνομα ἐστιν Μαθθαιον

Post by Matt Lahey »

Hi all,

Glad to be part of this wonderful forum. I've been perusing this site for a few months now and am only now signing up. There's such a wealth of knowledge - I don't know where to start reading!

I started learning Koine Greek, on a personal level, back in mid-2014 in which I spent about 6 months feeling around the proverbial "fog" as I worked through Mounce's Basics of Biblical Greek. From there, I enrolled in a Bible college and then spent 12 additional months learning basic-to-intermediary Greek through Duff's The Elements of New Testament Greek. After working through both text books, I can see the differences and I can see the strengths between the two. With the birth of my second child, I decided to take time off my studies and have since purchased Wallace's Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics to fill in the gap...AND I LOVE IT (I usually get a few odd looks when I make a claim like that :) )

As frustrating as learning a new language can be, let alone a language that hasn't been spoken in 2000 years, I find reading through the NT a whole new experience. It's like I'm reading a completely different book.

So, that's a bit about me.

Cheers!

Matt
Jonathan Robie

Re: χαίρετε, μου ὄνομα ἐστιν Μαθθαιον

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Welcome, Matt!
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Barry Hofstetter

Re: χαίρετε, μου ὄνομα ἐστιν Μαθθαιον

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

χαῖρε, σου ὄνομα Μαθθαῖός ἐστιν...

Just a little predicate nominative issue there. But welcome, good to have you aboard.

ἔρρωσο...
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.

Return to “Introductions”