Introduction

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
armstrong-larry@comcast.net

Introduction

Post by armstrong-larry@comcast.net » May 26th, 2017, 7:54 am

Hi! I'm Larry Armstrong, a retired Presbyterian pastor. I studied Greek under Doctors Harry Rodgers and Dale Bowne at Grove City College in the 1970's. I used Greek fairly well throughout seminary and in the early years of pastoring churches. But, as with many pastors, I allowed my Greek to slip into the background as I became busy with the professional ministry. Nearing retirement several years ago, I determined to renew my Greek so that I could study the New Testament and Septuagint more thoroughly in retirement. I took a Greek Reading Course at Pittsburgh Seminary under Dr. James Durlesser for a few years, and I've been endeavoring to improve my Greek facility since then. Having run across a reference to B-Greek, I joined in order to read the articles. Thanks for everyone who has contributed. Perhaps I'll eventually have something useful to add. In the meantime, I'll just read.
0 x

Barry Hofstetter

Re: Introduction

Post by Barry Hofstetter » May 26th, 2017, 1:03 pm

Χαῖρε! Feel free to ask any questions or contribute to any discussion. We are glad to have you here.
0 x
N.E. Barry Hofstetter
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
Χαίρετε ἐν κυρίῳ πάντοτε· πάλιν ἐρῶ, χαίρετε

Jonathan Robie

Re: Introduction

Post by Jonathan Robie » May 27th, 2017, 9:02 am

Barry Hofstetter wrote:
May 26th, 2017, 1:03 pm
Χαῖρε! Feel free to ask any questions or contribute to any discussion. We are glad to have you here.
And remember that a good question is often the best possible contribution.
Albert Einstein wrote:If I had an hour to solve a problem and my life depended on the solution, I would spend the first 55 minutes determining the proper question to ask, for once I know the proper question, I could solve the problem in less than five minutes.
We have experts here who can answer most questions. We often need more good questions.
0 x
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/