Introduction

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
armstrong-larry@comcast.net

Introduction

Post by armstrong-larry@comcast.net »

Hi! I'm Larry Armstrong, a retired Presbyterian pastor. I studied Greek under Doctors Harry Rodgers and Dale Bowne at Grove City College in the 1970's. I used Greek fairly well throughout seminary and in the early years of pastoring churches. But, as with many pastors, I allowed my Greek to slip into the background as I became busy with the professional ministry. Nearing retirement several years ago, I determined to renew my Greek so that I could study the New Testament and Septuagint more thoroughly in retirement. I took a Greek Reading Course at Pittsburgh Seminary under Dr. James Durlesser for a few years, and I've been endeavoring to improve my Greek facility since then. Having run across a reference to B-Greek, I joined in order to read the articles. Thanks for everyone who has contributed. Perhaps I'll eventually have something useful to add. In the meantime, I'll just read.
Barry Hofstetter

Re: Introduction

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Χαῖρε! Feel free to ask any questions or contribute to any discussion. We are glad to have you here.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.
Jonathan Robie

Re: Introduction

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Barry Hofstetter wrote: May 26th, 2017, 1:03 pm Χαῖρε! Feel free to ask any questions or contribute to any discussion. We are glad to have you here.
And remember that a good question is often the best possible contribution.
Albert Einstein wrote:If I had an hour to solve a problem and my life depended on the solution, I would spend the first 55 minutes determining the proper question to ask, for once I know the proper question, I could solve the problem in less than five minutes.
We have experts here who can answer most questions. We often need more good questions.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/

Return to “Introductions”