Introduction: Dave Burt

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
daveburt

Introduction: Dave Burt

Post by daveburt »

Hi, I'm Dave Burt, currently studying part time at Ridley Melbourne. I finished an intro to Greek a few years ago and Hebrew last year and intend to keep growing my proficiency, but slowly because I have limited time after family, work and study commitments. Nevertheless I'm using Duolingo for modern Greek and Hebrew, and listening to audio readings (Various Koine/Reconstructed NT recordings and Haktuvim for Hebrew), and have started Buth's courses for both languages. I'm interested in pedagogy and have built a couple of tools to help me and others learn, including a list of Greek resources I've compiled for fellow students taught grammar-translation in Erasmian, arguing in favour of treating Greek more like a real language, and including a graded NT reader based on Duff's Elements' chapters. (The code is on Github.)

I hope on B-Greek I can learn from and also encourage others in developing and applying various resources to learn and understand Greek.
Stephen Carlson

Re: Introduction: Dave Burt

Post by Stephen Carlson »

Welcome to B-Greek!
Stephen C. Carlson, Ph.D.
Melbourne, Australia
Jonathan Robie

Post by Jonathan Robie »

It's great to have you here! There are at least a handful of people here who code and play with Greek data, maybe that's another level we can connect.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Jason Hare

Post by Jason Hare »

Very nice, Dave. Welcome to B-Greek. I'm sure you'll be a welcome addition to the community. :)
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
daveburt

Post by daveburt »

Thanks for the welcome!

Jonathan, yes, I look forward to connecting with others in coding and data as well. I've already picked up some great ideas and resources from here, such as parsed Greek LXX and some options for using text-to-speech on polytonic texts.
Paul-Nitz

Re: Introduction: Dave Burt --- DUFF

Post by Paul-Nitz »

Dave Burt,

Please go to this forum and tell us about DUFF in the "Resources" section.
viewforum.php?f=14

Include that same link to the document you created for Duff (Graded Reader for Duff) and tell us what it is for.

Σαῦλος
Paul D. Nitz - Lilongwe Malawi

Return to “Introductions”