Phillip's Humble Introduction

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
PhillipLebsack

Phillip's Humble Introduction

Post by PhillipLebsack »

Hello. My name is Phillip and i'm 19. Like a certain Ignatius a long time ago once said, I would consider myself as a student. Always growing. Always seeking to develop a deeper and more thorough knowledge of the truth.

Though I will likely keep that mindset for years to come, I fervently hope that someday my ultimate dream and desire in life can come true. Namely, to become an expert in the Koine Greek language. Especially for the purposes of understanding texts like the Greek New Testament, the Septuagint, and other texts that have come down to us... I am particularly interested in studying manuscripts, and I hope that I can use the knowledge of the language for apologetics at some point as well.

I openly admit and confess that I love and am obsessed with the Bible, and the truth it contains within it. That says it all.

So far, i've studied tediously and restlessly Mounce's Basics of Biblical Greek, and i've studied more than one series of classes for 1st year Greek... I've also seen the teachings of Dr. Daniel Wallace and Dr. James White on various topics related to the Greek New Testament... As you can see, I still have a long ways to go...

People like Mounce, White, Wallace and others have been significantly huge influencers in my life and you can probably subsequently guess what my view of Scripture is...

Anyways at this point I can read John and 1 John, and some of Mark and Jude (and parse most of them) without consulting a lexicon. Of course, this is just with a 1st (semi-2nd year) Greek understanding. Again, I have an incredibly long ways to go...

I will likely have a lot of questions at first, but at some point or another I hope to contribute as best as I can.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Thanks for reading.
Jonathan Robie

Re: Phillip's Humble Introduction

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Welcome, Phillip - you are clearly on the right track. And if you've gotten this far by 19, that's really impressive. Keep on keeping on, just keep reading every day, I think you will achieve your goals.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/

Return to “Introductions”