Mike Aubrey

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
MAubrey

Mike Aubrey

Post by MAubrey »

I'm a linguist with a primary focus on Hellenistic Greek. I did my B.A. in Greek and Historical Theology/Church History at Moody Bible Institute. I began graduate studies at the Graduate Institute of Applied Linguistics. I'm currently writing my thesis on the semantics of the Greek verb at the Canada Institute of Linguistics (CanIL) at Trinity Western University.

I've done contract with for bible software companies on their biblical languages resources, including the Lexham Interlinear Septuagint (Joshua, 1-2 Samuel, Odes, 1 & 4 Maccabees) and am currently working as a contributor to the Lexham Discourse Hebrew Bible--both for Logos Bible Software. I discuss subjects related to Greek language and linguistics at my blog: ΕΝ ΕΦΕΣΩ: Studies in Greek Language & Linguistics. I've studied English, Spanish, Greek, Hebrew, and Russian.

Beyond Greek & linguistics, I'm also interested in baking (not sweets), rock climbing, running, and enjoying the beautiful outdoors of British Columbia.

I've participated on the B-Greek list since 2006.
Mike Aubrey, Linguist
SIL International
Koine-Greek.com
Phillip Hall

Re: Mike Aubrey

Post by Phillip Hall »

Hi Mike,
I saw on your blog that you have done some work on verbal ellipses. In my study of the GNT, I have been wondering the discourse function of verbless clauses. Do you have any insights or could you point me in a direction of some author who has written on the subject?
Thanks

Return to “Introductions”