Hi there, learning for literary study

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Jedd Cole

Hi there, learning for literary study

Post by Jedd Cole »

Moderator note: I have approved this post, but please let us know your real first and last name for your screen name, as is required by B-Greek policy. --BH

Hi there! Hoping to find a place where I can find others who are learning κοινη and who also may have more training and familiarity so that I can maybe pick their brains as well. :)

I'm a scholar of literature and I do a lot of writing on hermeneutics, semiology and literary theory and philosophy. I'm also someone who has recently left the fundamentalist evangelical Christian scene and have been teaching myself κοινη in order to re-examine the NT and find new meaning in it for me. Because I'm a literary scholar by training, I'm also interested in doing close readings of and creative interpretations of the text(s), and knowing the original language is of course essential for such tasks!

Hope to learn while I'm here. Thanks!
Jedd Cole

Re: Hi there, learning for literary study

Post by Jedd Cole »

electricdidact wrote: October 24th, 2018, 8:15 pm Moderator note: I have approved this post, but please let us know your real first and last name for your screen name, as is required by B-Greek policy. --BH

Hi there! Hoping to find a place where I can find others who are learning κοινη and who also may have more training and familiarity so that I can maybe pick their brains as well. :)

I'm a scholar of literature and I do a lot of writing on hermeneutics, semiology and literary theory and philosophy. I'm also someone who has recently left the fundamentalist evangelical Christian scene and have been teaching myself κοινη in order to re-examine the NT and find new meaning in it for me. Because I'm a literary scholar by training, I'm also interested in doing close readings of and creative interpretations of the text(s), and knowing the original language is of course essential for such tasks!

Hope to learn while I'm here. Thanks!
And my name is Jedd Cole. ^_^
Barry Hofstetter

Re: Hi there, learning for literary study

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Jedd Cole wrote: October 25th, 2018, 6:49 am
And my name is Jedd Cole. ^_^
Thanks, Jedd, and welcome to B-Greek.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.

Return to “Introductions”