John Parker from Merced California

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
JohnParker

John Parker from Merced California

Post by JohnParker »

I learned Greek in graduate school back in 1973-76! Have tried to keep reading it albeit slowly :D ever since. Reading Greek spoiled me for reading English bibles. If I'm studying I'm not finished until I've read in Greek. I'm a pastor who likes house and simple church. My "simple church success" website is www.housechurchresources.com and my teaching page is found at: http://housechurchresources.com/?page_id=665 .

I also have a speaking and training business which you can read about at www.sealegsforsuccess.com .

Jesus moved into my heart in 1955 when I was around 5 years old. I declared him my Lord when I surrendered my life to him in 1970 at the age of 18. I have a BS in Business Marketing and an MA in Biblical Studies both from Bob Jones University. I did four doctoral studies classes at Western Seminary in Oregon back in the early nineties then got too busy with other things. I've worked in Baptist, Presbyterian, Non-denominational, and United Methodist churches and have evolved into a Spirit-filled "pentecostal" at heart. I have and use a prayer language, been slain in the spirit, believe in modern day signs wonders and miracles, laying on of hands, anointing of oil and such. I like 1 Corinthians 14:26 along with Matthew 18:20 for simple church. I believe God's Holy Spirit speaks through each of us in the body of Christ body to build one another up as per Romans 15:14 and Hebrews 10:24-25 etc.

My first love with Jesus is the Bible per Romans 10:17. He talks to me strongly through Greek when I settle down and delve into it.

I use Logos.com Greek and Bible resources and their forum sent me here to ibiblio for getting help with Greek syntax questions etc.

Thank you for having this forum.
Vivek Jones

Re: John Parker from Merced California

Post by Vivek Jones »

Dear John, Welcome to this forum. I'm only a few days old in the forum. Hoping to learn much from people like you.

Return to “Introductions”