Micheal W. Palmer

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
mwpalmer

Micheal W. Palmer

Post by mwpalmer »

My research, publication, and professional teaching career have focussed on Linguistics, Ancient Greek, and Early Christianity. My passion is language acquisition and application of Linguistics to the study of Ancient Greek. I manage http://Greek-Language.com in my spare time.

I live in Chapel Hill, North Carolina and travel frequently to Perú.

Professional Teaching Career:
  • 2013—Present, English and Spanish for Speakers of Other Languages, Siler City Elementary, North Carolina
  • 2006—2013, English for Speakers of Other Languages, South Graham Elementary, North Carolina
  • 2001—2005, Biblical Studies, Meredith College, Raleigh, NC
  • 1998—2001, Biblical Studies and Classical Greek, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
  • 1997—1998, Biblical Studies, Meredith College, Raleigh, NC
  • 1991—1996, Biblical Studies and Hellenistic Greek, Bluefield College, VA
  • 1989—1991, New Testament Greek, Southern Seminary, Louisville, KY
  • 1990—1991, English as a Second Language, University of Louisville, KY
Education:
  • Post-doctoral Research: Mellon Research Fellow (Greek Linguistics), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Department of Linguistics, 1994—1995
  • Ph.D., Southern Seminary (Biblical Greek, New Testament), Louisville, KY, 1991 (with external studies in Linguistics at University of Louisville)
  • M.Div., Southern Seminary (Pastoral Care and Counseling), Louisville, KY, 1986
  • B.A., Jacksonville State University (English and History), Jacksonville, AL, 1981
Micheal W. Palmer

Return to “Introductions”