Back up and running - using phpBB 3.2 now

Announcements made by B-Greek staff.
Jonathan Robie

Re: Back up and running - using phpBB 3.2 now

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Kirk Lowery wrote: March 26th, 2017, 9:34 am Vocalized and cantillated Hebrew is much more difficult to read at smaller font sizes. I created a special "heb" tag, which uses the SBL font (the most readable, IMO) at a higher font size. However, members tend not to use it, because it's an extra step. :-(

Jonathan, you can define any arbitrary tag (with square brackets) in the admin panel. Click on the posting tab. PM or email me if you'd like to see how I did the heb tag. (It comes up, BTW, on the editor toolbar after it's defined.)
Yes, I know how to do it, and I have defined a few tags (for indentation, youtube, and a few other things). But nobody seems to use them.
Kirk Lowery wrote: March 26th, 2017, 9:34 amWhere did you define the default greek font and size, Jonathan?
In common.css, in the prosilver theme. I included the Google web fonts in overall_header.html. I can show you how offline, if you like. Incidentally, there is a phpBB 3.2 now.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Wes Wood

Post by Wes Wood »

Jonathan Robie wrote:Yes, I know how to do it, and I have defined a few tags (for indentation, youtube, and a few other things). But nobody seems to use them.
Where/what is this indentation button of which you speak?! :o :shock:

Is there one without a bullet? :oops:
Ἀσπάζομαι μὲν καὶ φιλῶ, πείσομαι δὲ μᾶλλον τῷ θεῷ ἢ ὑμῖν.-Ἀπολογία Σωκράτους 29δ
S Walch

Post by S Walch »

/** Test **/
Indent Test

@Wes:
Type the following for indenting:

Code: Select all

[indent]Insert indented text here[/indent]
Yes, I know how to do it, and I have defined a few tags (for indentation, youtube, and a few other things). But nobody seems to use them.
Most of the extra BBCode on the forum isn't listed, nor, as Wes has seen, has a button for it in the editor :)
Wes Wood

Post by Wes Wood »

Thank you, S. Walch! Now I can have all the paragraphs I want. I have noticed that I
will have to find the best place to put the [/indent] because the end of the line in the submission box doesn't exactly match the end of the line in the post preview. I will probably dig around on the internet and see what other gems I can find hidden in the BBCode that I might find useful.
Thanks again!
Ἀσπάζομαι μὲν καὶ φιλῶ, πείσομαι δὲ μᾶλλον τῷ θεῷ ἢ ὑμῖν.-Ἀπολογία Σωκράτους 29δ
Jonathan Robie

Post by Jonathan Robie »

I think the indent tag is one I created way back to make it easier to show an overview of the syntax using a little whitespace:

καὶ
λέγει
αὐτοῖς
Ἀντλήσατε
νῦν
καὶ
φέρετε
τῷ ἀρχιτρικλίνῳ.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Wes Wood

Post by Wes Wood »

Whatever it was intended for, I don't mind to repurpose it. But I'll be sure to "pay it extra." :lol:

Return to “Announcements”