Logged out every time

Questions and discussion about B-Greek policies or the B-Greek forum.
S Walch

Re: Logged out every time

Post by S Walch »

Stirling Bartholomew wrote:If I close the window and naviage to b-greek most of the time I am logged off.
Ditto. Even if I keep the same main browser window opening, even closing and immediately reopening the tab, I'll be logged out of B-Greek.

In fact, even when I open a new tab and navigate to B-Greek, even though I'm still logged in on the tab next to it, I'm logged out of B-Greek on the new tab.

Odd thing is that this doesn't happen over at B-Hebrew.
Jason Hare

Post by Jason Hare »

S Walch wrote: February 26th, 2017, 4:55 pm
Stirling Bartholomew wrote:If I close the window and naviage to b-greek most of the time I am logged off.
Ditto. Even if I keep the same main browser window opening, even closing and immediately reopening the tab, I'll be logged out of B-Greek.

In fact, even when I open a new tab and navigate to B-Greek, even though I'm still logged in on the tab next to it, I'm logged out of B-Greek on the new tab.

Odd thing is that this doesn't happen over at B-Hebrew.
I remember having this problem when we were using the test site ages ago. I haven't had it for a very long time now. My browser (Chrome) has saved my password for ages.

Out of curiosity, are you including the www. when you access the site? I remember there being a problem when I left the www. off and simply went to ibiblio.org... It needs to be the full www.ibiblio.org/bgreek. Does this help at all?
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
S Walch

Post by S Walch »

Jason Hare wrote:Out of curiosity, are you including the www. when you access the site?
Well I'll be darned, that works!

As soon as I went to www.ibiblio.org, I was logged in!

Went to ibiblio.org, I was logged back out again. Thanks for the tip, Jason!

I shall amend my bookmark.

Why on earth would it be doing that? Heh
Stephen Carlson

Post by Stephen Carlson »

Recently, the forum has been logging me off fairly frequently. Especially frustrating is to be logged in, check "active topics", only to have it log me out. (The problem seems worse with the "www.*" URL.) Until the last week or two, it had been working fine.
Stephen C. Carlson, Ph.D.
Melbourne, Australia
Jonathan Robie

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Stephen Carlson wrote: August 20th, 2017, 6:50 pm Recently, the forum has been logging me off fairly frequently. Especially frustrating is to be logged in, check "active topics", only to have it log me out. (The problem seems worse with the "www.*" URL.) Until the last week or two, it had been working fine.
Hmmmm .... if you clear cookies, does that fix the problem?
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Stephen Carlson

Post by Stephen Carlson »

Jonathan Robie wrote: August 20th, 2017, 9:54 pm Hmmmm .... if you clear cookies, does that fix the problem?
Seems to be better, thanks. I'll keep an eye on it.
Stephen C. Carlson, Ph.D.
Melbourne, Australia
Jonathan Robie

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Stephen Carlson wrote: August 21st, 2017, 7:42 am
Jonathan Robie wrote: August 20th, 2017, 9:54 pm Hmmmm .... if you clear cookies, does that fix the problem?
Seems to be better, thanks. I'll keep an eye on it.
If clearing cookies helped, my guess is that you won't have the problem as long as you always use the same URL to get to the site. Mixing ibiblio.org/bgreek, www.ibiblio.org/bgreek, ibiblio.org/bgreek/forum, etc. will confuse your cookies.

It's a PhpBB thing, and I can't easily fix it.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/

Return to “Questions”