Can I list 2 URLs in my Profile?

Questions and discussion about B-Greek policies or the B-Greek forum.
Devenios Doulenios

Can I list 2 URLs in my Profile?

Post by Devenios Doulenios »

I have two blogs, which I listed the URLs for in my Profile. Eric Weiss let me know today that when he tries to click on them he gets an error message at first. I have them separated by commas. Is it possible for B-Greek staff to add a field for a second URL, so users like me who have 2 URLs can list both without problems for others?

Meanwhile, I will erase the second URL.

Δεβένιος
Dewayne Dulaney
Δεβένιος Δουλένιος

Blog: https://letancientvoicesspeak.wordpress.com/

"Ὁδοὶ δύο εἰσί, μία τῆς ζωῆς καὶ μία τοῦ θανάτου."--Διδαχή Α, α'
Jonathan Robie

Re: Can I list 2 URLs in my Profile?

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Perhaps you could put the second URL in a different field in your profile?

The software is very modifiable and I also have the source code, I could figure out how to make the change, but for the most part, I like to run the forum "out of the box", without trying to make a lot of modifications. There are several reasons for this:

1. Every modification we make needs to be repeated when we upgrade the software to a new version;
2. Every modification invites ideas for new modifications;
3. I want to spend more time actually reading Greek and less time administering the site;
4. Feature requests for phpBB really should be directed to the phpBB people so they are reflected in the upstream source, are also available in future versions, etc.

I do things that seem like a lot of bang for the buck - getting the fonts right, adding support for youtube, I need to look into why PDF attachments aren't working - but I'm a bit lazy about other things.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Devenios Doulenios

Re: Can I list 2 URLs in my Profile?

Post by Devenios Doulenios »

Jonathan,

I understand that these kinds of changes take a lot of work and time, and I appreciate all the work you're doing to make B-Greek as useful and user-friendly as possible.

For now, I've put the 2nd URL in my Interests box. At the end of the listing I've added this: "blogs: #1, see above, in Website; #2, [URL of 2nd blog]". Anybody who wants to see the address for the 2nd blog can do so by scrolling down to the next line.

I'll contact the phpBB folks and request that they add a 2nd website field to the Profile form when they prepare the next version of the software.

Δεβένιος
Dewayne Dulaney
Δεβένιος Δουλένιος

Blog: https://letancientvoicesspeak.wordpress.com/

"Ὁδοὶ δύο εἰσί, μία τῆς ζωῆς καὶ μία τοῦ θανάτου."--Διδαχή Α, α'

Return to “Questions”