Apostolic Polyglot

I don't understand what my textbook is saying about X. Can someone help me?
Jonathan Robie

Apostolic Polyglot

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Claire Davidson wrote:Hi, just wondering if anyone has the Apostolic Bible Polygot by Charles Van der pool? He has transcribed the Septuagint OT and Greek NT in one bible. As I am unsure which greek translation is best I would like to hear from some who know about these things. I look forward to your replies...thanks
Claire
Hi Claire,

He has a web site here: http://apostolicbible.com/. It's an interlinear, not what you need to start reading Greek. Interlinears rot your brain and make you think you can read Greek when you can't.

The Apostolic Bible Polyglot is a numerically coded Greek-English interlinear Bible with auxilliary works. Each Greek word in the text has an AB-Strong number above it and an English word below...see example above. The AB-Strong number corresponds to the numbering system of the 1239 page Apostolic Bible Polyglot Old Testament (LXX) (which does not contain the Deutero-canonicals), the 374 page Apostolic Bible Polyglot New Testament, the 364 page Lexical Concordance of The Apostolic Bible Polyglot click here, the 88 page English-Greek Index of The Apostolic Bible Polyglot click here, and the 419 page Analytical Lexicon of The Apostolic Bible Polyglot (available via the CD-ROM and Full Download only) click here. All of the above are available in the full PDF version download below or on the CD-ROM available at the BOOKSTORE. The printed edition, available on the BOOKSTORE, does not contain The Analytical Lexicon of The Apostolic Bible Polyglot.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Hansen

Re: Apostolic Polyglot

Post by Hansen »

Interlinears can be quite helpful for word study and lexicography. Vanderpool's work is very useful for that purpose.

Return to “Textbooks”