Next steps?

David Loving

Next steps?

Post by David Loving »

I've just spent the last few months working through William Countryman's intro book Read it in Greek which offers a guide through translating 1,2, and 3 John, as well as the prologue to the Gospel of John. The translation notes are accompanied by grammar, vocabulary, and exegetical lessons. I've started in on the last chapter and should work through it in the next few days. I try to get in an hour a day. I realize that this is still pretty much working with the training wheels on, but I'm looking for next steps after I'm done with the book. I would love to reach the point where I'm reading rather than translating, but that's probably still months or years away. I'm considering continuing on through the rest of John after I finish the prologue, but I'm also thinking of picking up a graded reader (probably the Decker). Which would be better? Or, is there another option I'm missing?

Any help or advice would be appreciated,

David
Barry Hofstetter

Re: Next steps?

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

I think either would be profitable, but Decker's graded reader might be a little easier for you, and also expose you to more variety of NT literature.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.

Return to “Other”