Codex Bobbiensis

Forum rules
Please quote the Greek text you are discussing directly in your post if it is reasonably short - do not ask people to look it up. This is not a beginner's forum, competence in Greek is assumed.
Alan Bunning

Codex Bobbiensis

Post by Alan Bunning »

I wasn’t sure which forum would be the most appropriate to post this in, but I was wondering if any of you know Latin in addition to Greek and could help out me with a project. I have back-translated Codex Bobbeinsis from Latin to Koine Greek based on a couple of published collations and a lot of help from Perseus. The only problem is...I don’t know Latin! I undertook this project to test the feasibility of adding back-translations of foreign texts to the Center for New Testament Restoration. There is obviously great variation in translation, but the main purpose is to show which Greek variants the foreign text supports. In the case of Codex Bobbeinsis, there were also 2 or 3 new variants introduced so I had to fashion the Greek equivalent from scratch. If anyone is willing to help, I can supply the Latin and Greek transcripts and you would merely need to read through it and correct any errors. Let me know if you are interested and we can continue the discussion offline through e-mail. Thanks.

Return to “New Testament”