James Lewis

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
James Lewis

James Lewis

Post by James Lewis »

Although my doctorate is in Theology, I remain fascinated by the study of Koine Greek and teach it at the Kansas School of Ministry, the diocesan seminary (Anglican). I was first introduced to the language in my Masters' studies in Historical Linguistics, which also included work in Old English, Latin and early Latin. Growing up in a Hispanic country added Spanish to my language repertory.
Stephen Carlson

Re: James Lewis

Post by Stephen Carlson »

Welcome to the list, James! Please feel to share your experiences teaching and learning Greek with us here in the forum.
Stephen C. Carlson, Ph.D.
Melbourne, Australia
mwpalmer

Post by mwpalmer »

Welcome to B-Greek James. Since you have a background in Linguistics and a solid enough reading knowledge of Greek to be teaching at a seminary, I'd like to recommend that you browse the Greek Language and Linguistics forum: http://www.ibiblio.org/bgreek/forum/viewforum.php?f=10.

I also have a background in Linguistics and speak Spanish as fluently as I do English. Which Latin American country did you grow up in?
Micheal W. Palmer
Jeremy Adams

Post by Jeremy Adams »

Welcome James!

I was just checking out where you teach online, that looks pretty interesting. Can non-Episcopalians attend classes? I look forward to interacting with you on the forums!
Scott Lawson

Post by Scott Lawson »

James Lewis wrote:Although my doctorate is in Theology, I remain fascinated by the study of Koine Greek and teach it at the Kansas School of Ministry, the diocesan seminary (Anglican). I was first introduced to the language in my Masters' studies in Historical Linguistics, which also included work in Old English, Latin and early Latin. Growing up in a Hispanic country added Spanish to my language repertory.
Quiero añadir mi bienvenido también James. Yo crecí en un país de Hispano América también...fue en Southern California de los E.E. U.U..
Scott Lawson

Return to “Introductions”