Hefin J. Jones

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Hefin J. Jones

Hefin J. Jones

Post by Hefin J. Jones »

Hi Folks

My name is Hefin Jones - some of the folk who've been on this list for years might remember me from my time on the list back in the early-mid naughties. I'm a Welshman currently resident in Sydney, Australia. A graduate of the University of London (Computing & Cognition), and of Moore Theological College, Sydney, I've been engaged in ministry for quite a while, and since 2003 have been in full-time Baptist ministry at a couple of different churches. I'm also a part-time research Masters student (M.Th. = U.S. Th.M.) interested in Galatians, justification/rectification, and 'apocalyptic' interpreters of Paul. Not only is a smattering of greek a dangerous thing, so is a smattering of linguistics. I have a smattering of both and so am likely to say silly things. Some of them are right. I'm hoping that re-connecting with bgreek won't turn into another mode of procrastination, but rather be a stimulus to me to think harder about koine, the NT and especially Galatians.

Hefin
Hefin Jones

instructor in New Testament - Koinonia Theological Seminary, Davao
Barry Hofstetter

Re: Hefin J. Jones

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Welcome, Hefin, good to have you back, and look forward to your contributions both silly and right.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.
Hefin J. Jones

Post by Hefin J. Jones »

Good to see that you're still about! Not only that, but you're a "global moderator"
Hefin Jones

Daniel Watts

Post by Daniel Watts »

Apocalyptic Galatians. Sounds like you, like myself, have been bowled over by Martyn and de Boer. Unused these quite heavily in my undergraduate dissertation where I tried to bring Marks apocalyptic narrative into some kind of conversation with Pauline apocalyptic eschatology.
Hefin J. Jones

Post by Hefin J. Jones »

... And Doug Campbell and Doug Harink.

Welcome aboard (even if its from a fellow newbie)!
Hefin Jones

Return to “Introductions”