Bill Hier

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Bill Hier

Bill Hier

Post by Bill Hier »

Hello, my user name is BillHeIsRisen (creative, isn't it? ;) ), but I go by Bill.

I am new to the Greek, meaning I retain only so much, it seems; yet, it is one of my fondest desires that God, in His will, has seen fit to give me a long enough life that I may obtain a working mastery of it, so as to better proclaim His glory and truth to His people, for the purpose of building them up.

I am working with a private tutor using David Alan Black's Learn To Read New Testament Greek, currently finishing the third chapter, and there have been many things working against the twice weekly classes on Skype (or, I should say, many situations have arisen according to our God's good will and pleasure that require absences).

I was pleased to find this forum through Dr. Decker's blog, and hope to be able to participate enough to make it worthwhile to myself, but even more so, as God wills, to others.

Blessings and grace in our Lord and God. - Bill
In and by His grace - Bill
Bill Hier

Re: Bill Hier

Post by Bill Hier »

Hello again, my user name is the same as my real name, since I absolutely failed to notice the mandatory use of surnames in the statements I should have read more closely. I had a vague remembrance of it, but was corrected by an admin., for which I am thankful.

I do hope to be able to be a blessing to my brethren in this forum, and perhaps (more likely) receive a blessing in return, to the glory of our heavenly Father and Lord Jesus Christ.

Perhaps I might inquire as to the normative manner of benefiting from this forum, as well as contributing to it, in a bit of detail, from those who have been regular here?

In Him, by Him.
Jonathan Robie

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Bill Hier wrote:Perhaps I might inquire as to the normative manner of benefiting from this forum, as well as contributing to it, in a bit of detail, from those who have been regular here?
Hi Bill, and welcome to B-Greek.

We have some policies posted in the Policies subforum

Here are some basic guidelines:
  • We discuss the Greek language and Greek texts here. We don't discuss how we apply these to our lives, our faith commitments or lack thereof, etc. Most of us deal with that by developing friendships on the side where we can discuss these things.
  • Good questions about the Greek language and Greek texts are always very helpful, they stimulate discussion. If someone asks a good question, someone usually provides a good answer.
  • If you're a beginner (I have no idea if you are), please put your posts in the beginner's forum. Use this test if you're not sure whether to call yourself a beginner.
If there are particular ways you want to benefit from this forum, and aren't sure how to go about it, please feel free to ask more specific questions.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Bill Hier

Post by Bill Hier »

Thank you. I will no doubt restrict myself to the Beginners Forum for a while.

Return to “Introductions”