Introduction of myself

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
pmander

Introduction of myself

Post by pmander »

Hi!

My name is Peter Mänder and I am a theological student from Sweden, studying to become a priest in The Church of Sweden.

I am going to start reading biblical greek in September and this feels like a good forum to be a part of. There is something very exciting about reading the biblical texts without the layers of interpretations which comes into play in translated bible books. I look forward to learning the language to deepen my exegetic knowledge and that area of theology, altough I probably focus my studies more on systematic theology.

My first post is in "beginner--> other"-section and I'm looking for help with some quoting and also have some other questions. If you want to take a look I would be grateful for any response.

It feels good to have become a member at this forum already and I hope that feeling will stay good. At least for a while.
Peter Mänder
Stephen Carlson

Re: Introduction of myself

Post by Stephen Carlson »

Välkommen till B-Greek! Where will you be studying Greek? I'm currently based in Sweden though I will be moving away at the end of summer.
Stephen C. Carlson, Ph.D.
Melbourne, Australia
pmander

Post by pmander »

Stephen Carlson wrote:Välkommen till B-Greek! Where will you be studying Greek? I'm currently based in Sweden though I will be moving away at the end of summer.
Tack så mycket! I will be studying at THS in Stockholm, with Thomas Kazen as my teacher. Ah okay! Judging by your signature (thou shall not judge) I get the feeling that you are teaching greek as well as studying it?
Peter Mänder
Stephen Carlson

Post by Stephen Carlson »

pmander wrote:
Stephen Carlson wrote:Välkommen till B-Greek! Where will you be studying Greek? I'm currently based in Sweden though I will be moving away at the end of summer.
Tack så mycket! I will be studying at THS in Stockholm, with Thomas Kazen as my teacher. Ah okay! Judging by your signature (thou shall not judge) I get the feeling that you are teaching greek as well as studying it?
Excellent. They're doing some interesting things at THS. Though I taught Greek at Duke back in the US, my position here at Uppsala is a research one.
Stephen C. Carlson, Ph.D.
Melbourne, Australia

Return to “Introductions”