Intro - Ruth McTighe

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Ruth McTighe

Intro - Ruth McTighe

Post by Ruth McTighe »

Hi, I'm Ruth. I studied Latin at school (more years ago than I care to remember) and taught myself a little Biblical Greek when I spent a term at a Quaker college in Birmingham, England back in 1981. Now I'm retired I've decided it's time to learn Biblical Greek in sufficient depth to start reading the New Testament in the language it was written in. Still self-taught, so I was delighted to find this forum.

Ruth
Jason Hare

Re: Intro - Ruth McTighe

Post by Jason Hare »

Hi, Ruth! Welcome to B-Greek!

Are you planning on working through a specific program?

Best of luck!
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
Ruth McTighe

Post by Ruth McTighe »

Thank you for the welcome Jason. At the moment I've gone back to the textbook I used in 1981 - Wenham's Elements of New testament Greek. I've also seen on here information about Shirley Rollinson's online course, so I thought I might try that.

Ruth
Shirley Rollinson

Post by Shirley Rollinson »

Ruth McTighe wrote: May 28th, 2019, 5:22 am Thank you for the welcome Jason. At the moment I've gone back to the textbook I used in 1981 - Wenham's Elements of New testament Greek. I've also seen on here information about Shirley Rollinson's online course, so I thought I might try that.

Ruth
Welcome to B-Greek, Ῥoύθ. I'm not currently teaching Greek online, only in class next semester, but there are the webpages from an earlier course, starting at http://www.drshirley.org/gr201-online/index.html - You're welcome to use them, and if you have any questions, or if you'd like to try the homeworks, you're welcome to contact me.
The textbook with accents starts at http://www.drshirley.org/greek/textbook02/index.html
Wenham was one of the first Greek textbooks I used (though it's gone through a number of editions during the intervening years)
Shirley Rollinson
Ruth McTighe

Post by Ruth McTighe »

Thank you Shirley - your personal reply is much appreciated. I've been looking at the online textbook with great interest, and will take you up on your offer of trying the homeworks in the near future.

Is the Wenham book the one that has become Duff's?

Ruth

Return to “Introductions”