Greetings from the Green Mountains

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Chandler Poling

Greetings from the Green Mountains

Post by Chandler Poling »

Greetings,

I'm new to the forum, and wanted to introduce myself. A lifetime goal has been to read through the Hebrew Bible and New Testament in the original languages. After years of procrastination, I recently got to work on completing this goal. I try to ready a bit every day. I started with the Gospel of John, and have been getting through about 15-20 verses per day.

It's been many years since my initial studies of Koine Greek, so I'm a bit rusty. Life happened and my academic aspirations were derailed, but my love of studying Greek and Hebrew remained. My day job is assisting people who are in housing crisis at a Community Action agency. My night job is being a dad and husband, and trying to squeeze in some time to read Greek each day.
Chandler Poling
Bennington, Vermont, USA
Barry Hofstetter

Re: Greetings from the Green Mountains

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Welcome to B-Greek. Moderator note: we need a real first and last name for your screen name, per B-Greek policy. Please contact a moderator concerning this.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.
Jonathan Robie

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Welcome to B-Greek, Chandler! I just changed your username using the name from your signature, you are good to go.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Jason Hare

Post by Jason Hare »

Hi, Chandler!

Welcome to B-Greek! Good luck with your continued reading of Greek and your improvement in the language.
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel

Return to “Introductions”