Center for New Testament Restoration

Tell us about interesting projects involving biblical Greek. Collaborative projects involving biblical Greek may use this forum for their communication - please contact jonathan.robie@ibiblio.org if you want to use this forum for your project.
Jonathan Robie

Re: Center for New Testament Restoration

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Alan Bunning wrote: April 19th, 2019, 4:32 pm BTW, I plan on attending the Linguistics and New Testament Greek conference at SEBTS in Wakeforest next weekend in case anyone wants to catch me there.
I'll be there. So will some other people you know ...
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Alan Bunning

Post by Alan Bunning »

Barry Hofstetter wrote: April 23rd, 2019, 5:27 pm Just wanted to acknowledge this. Sounds like a lot of hard work, but of great use when perfected.
Thanks. As you know, the folks at B-Greek have been very helpful to me in getting the data to this point.
Brian Gould

Post by Brian Gould »

As a newcomer to B-Greek, and also to the study of Biblical Greek, I apologize if I have misunderstood anything in your earlier posts on this thread, but I would like to ask you this:
Will the CNTR project make it possible to click on any verse in the NT and see at a glance all the different manuscript readings for that verse, up to your cutoff date?
Alan Bunning

Post by Alan Bunning »

Brian Gould wrote: June 8th, 2019, 9:38 am As a newcomer to B-Greek, and also to the study of Biblical Greek, I apologize if I have misunderstood anything in your earlier posts on this thread, but I would like to ask you this:
Will the CNTR project make it possible to click on any verse in the NT and see at a glance all the different manuscript readings for that verse, up to your cutoff date?
Yes, it already does that now.
Alan Bunning

Post by Alan Bunning »

The CNTR website (https://greekcntr.org) just rolled out some new updates. The most notable being that manuscript transcription viewing was changed to a leaf at a time. I had gotten several complaints claiming that displaying a complete manuscript all at once was too slow and crashing some computers. There were some new features added too, my favorite being the ability to filter down to a diplomatic transcription. In addition, the URLs for linking to individual pages was changed throughout the website, so be sure to update your software if you are linking to it. At the same time, the internal data structure was changed to be able to begin displaying church father data. A few other bugs were fixed along the way too (while probably introducing a few new ones :-). In order for all this to happen, a lot had to be changed under the hood. And although it was extensively tested by my vast programming staff (me), I would not be surprised if I overlooked something, so please let me know if you see any problems. It may not work right away if settings are cached in the browser, so try doing a hard refresh (Ctrl-F5) to bring in the latest updates.

Return to “Projects”