David McKay

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
David McKay

David McKay

Post by David McKay »

I have been interested in New Testament Greek since about 1974, I suppose. I bought an old Bagster's interlinear [of the Textus Receptus, I think] and later studied at Kenmore Christian College in Queensland, Australia from 1977-1980. I loved the biblical languages and took 2 years of NT Greek, 1 year of Hebrew and 2 more years of NT Greek exegesis and 3 years of Hebrew exegesis.

In about 1999, I attended stimulating lectures by Peter O'Brien on the Greek text of Ephesians in a couple of intensives at Moore Theological College.

I have been reading and sometimes participating in B-Greek since about 1997. I greatly appreciate the contributions by those who have made a lifetime of studying Greek, and also from the ordinary "little Greeks" like me.

I enjoy having resources so freely available these days, in books, online, in terrific computer software programs and even on my smartphone.

In about 1999 I had the privilege of meeting Jonathan Robie and spending the afternoon with him and Ward Powers on Sydney Harbour in one of our old ferries, doing the easy up a few steps harbour bridge climb and learning some insights on playing the tin whistle. We even spent some time discussing NT Greek.

I've also heard Con Campbell's terrific jazz band here in my home town of Bathurst.

Hoping other "little Greeks" will also write and tell us about their experiences and interests, too.

I think Rachmaninov's dictum about Music applies equally to language learning. He said that
Music is enough for a lifetime
but a lifetime is not enough for Music.
Jonathan Robie

Re: David McKay

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Welcome, David! It's great to see you here! I remember lots of interactions with you in the early days.

Could you please change your user name to reflect your own name? See this policy:

http://www-test.ibiblio.org/bgreek/foru ... ?f=38&t=90

Thanks!

Jonathan
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/

Return to “Introductions”