Martha Sandino: New in town

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Martha Sandino

Martha Sandino: New in town

Post by Martha Sandino »

Hi, I just registered, after reviewing the "Little Greek's" page to see what he recommends for a dictionary / Lexicon. Decided I might enjoy joining the list.

I'm married with children -- my husband and I have three beautiful teenage daughters that still enjoy talking and spending time with us!

Last September once of my daughter's friend's enrolled in Bible College, and told me he was talking Biblical Greek. I was overwhelmed with a feeling of envy -- thinking that I couldn't go to college (anymore) and have the time and luxury to learn Biblical Greek in an institute of higher learning...

But then it occurred to me that anyone can learn anything they set their mind to learn, especially with the resources on the Internet.

I'll be eternally grateful to Jonathon Robie for his excellent Little Greek 101. It's the best primary learning course I've come across ( I keep coming back to his when I get tangled up in other courses' complicated teachings).

I use apps on my smartphone DroidX daily to build vocabulary, having become overwhelmed with the challenges of learning the grammatical essentials. I look up - almost daily -- bible verses in Greek using, on http://www.biblios.com, using the http://www.apostolic.interlinearbible.org, which shows up on my droid with Strong numbers and terrific study helps.

It's so rich to dig into the deeper essence of the meanings in Greek! My most recent epiphany was to contemplate the fact that the word , χρηστός means both KIND and USEFUL!

That was so profound!
Cheers,
Louis L Sorenson

Re: Martha Sandino: New in town

Post by Louis L Sorenson »

Martha,

Welcome. You wrote
Last September once of my daughter's friend's enrolled in Bible College, and told me he was talking Biblical Greek. I was overwhelmed with a feeling of envy -- thinking that I couldn't go to college (anymore) and have the time and luxury to learn Biblical Greek in an institute of higher learning..
What Bible College is that? Is he talking or taking Biblical Greek?
Mark Lightman

Post by Mark Lightman »

ἔγραψεν ἡ Μάρθα
Last September once of my daughter's friend's enrolled in Bible College, and told me he was talking Biblical Greek. I was overwhelmed with a feeling of envy -- thinking that I couldn't go to college (anymore) and have the time and luxury to learn Biblical Greek in an institute of higher learning...But then it occurred to me that anyone can learn anything they set their mind to learn, especially with the resources on the Internet.
Indeed, your daughter’s friend may wind up envying YOU. In my humble opinion, if you make judicious use of the many free resources on the net, you will wind up learning Greek better than you would from your average seminary class. Watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gO94RAm ... plpp_video

and/or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg_4Karh ... playnext=1

early and often.
My most recent epiphany was to contemplate the fact that the word , χρηστός means both KIND and USEFUL!
And it’s been said
Χριστός χρηστός ἐστιν.
Louis S. wrote
Is he talking or taking Biblical Greek?
καλῶς φίλτατε!
λάλει, μή λάβε τὴν Ἑλληνικήν.
Talk, don’t take, Ancient Greek.
Martha Sandino

Post by Martha Sandino »

Wow, thanks, I feel so welcomed!

Daughter's friend is taking, not talking, Biblical Greek!

He's at Life Pacific College, a Foursquare College in Southern California.

And yes, your prediction would already be coming true, he's gonna be jealous!
I met him over Christmas break, I showed him my flash cards on my droid smart phone. He didn't react to me at all, appeared nonplussed! But told me daughter later on Facebook that he was "impressed" ha ha ha!

Thanks for the videos, I'm enjoying!

Return to “Introductions”