Illustrations for new texts

jeffreyrequadt

Illustrations for new texts

Post by jeffreyrequadt »

Some of us are working on the leveled readers idea, and we need some illustrations. Are there any list members that would like to draw pictures for our books?
Jeffrey T. Requadt
Tucson, AZ
Jonathan Robie

Re: Illustrations for new texts

Post by Jonathan Robie »

One really easy way to get illustrations is to use Google image search, looking for images that have copyrights compatible with reuse.

For instance, you could look at the First 1000 Words in Greek thread for some images. And add more to the thread if you can, let's make it easy for people to create various materials.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
jeffreyrequadt

Post by jeffreyrequadt »

We thought about that, but unfortunately I think it will be too complicated to try get something that will fit well. I'll just do stick figures if I can't find anything, but I was hoping someone with more of an artistic bent would be interested in participating.
Jeffrey T. Requadt
Tucson, AZ
Shirley Rollinson

Post by Shirley Rollinson »

I'd like to give it a try - but probably not during this semester because of my current teaching load. I should have time during the summer, and next semester may be better.
Were you thinking of black-and-white skethches? color? what medium (electonic. i.e. .gif or .jpg, or printed paper ? )
Shirley Rollinson
jeffreyrequadt

Post by jeffreyrequadt »

Anything and everything. I'll send you privately the draft of our most basic book at this point. Obviously we want the finished product to be downloadable, so the images will have to be digitized at some point, but we could probably do with basic line drawings at this point.
Anyone else who is interested in getting involved in our little leveled readers project, just private message me.
Jeffrey T. Requadt
Tucson, AZ

Return to “Teaching Methods”