Jordan Day

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Jordan Day

Jordan Day

Post by Jordan Day »

Hello. My name is Jordan Day, and I live in Pine Log, Georgia. I have no formal education at all (barely made it through high school!), so please excuse my bad grammar when my "southern dialect" takes over (not to mention that the construction and maintenance fields are not the best environments for a young plumber to acquire a university level vocabulary!). I am self-taught, primarily using Mounce and Wallace. I did attend John Schwandt's "Greek In A Week[end]" course last year which was very enjoyable. I have become less interested in "decoding Greek" and "reading Greek in English", which is what Wallace's books seem to teach you to do. After sitting down with Schwandt, I realized the importance of internalizing the language and I am now pursuing fluency in speaking. I have met a couple of friends online with the same goals. I meet with one of them very regularly on Skype to have simple conversations in Greek (he lives in Russia). I am absolutely intrigued by the methods of Christopher Rico and Randall Buth (Buth's materials should be delivered to my house this week :) ). This forum is VERY exciting to me. I will probably just keep quiet and learn most of the time. Seeing names like Stephen Carlson, Louis Sorenson, and Randall Buth (just to name a few) all in one place makes me feel like I am back stage at a big rock concert with all the rock stars, 8-) :lol:
Scott Lawson

Re: Jordan Day

Post by Scott Lawson »

Hello Jordan from a fellow plumber. I feel your pain. :D

Scott Lawson
Scott Lawson
Jonathan Robie

Re: Jordan Day

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Welcome, Jordan - a LOT of us are self-taught here, so join the crowd.
Jordan Day wrote:This forum is VERY exciting to me. I will probably just keep quiet and learn most of the time. Seeing names like Stephen Carlson, Louis Sorenson, and Randall Buth (just to name a few) all in one place makes me feel like I am back stage at a big rock concert with all the rock stars, 8-) :lol:
I feel the same way. I see myself as a stagehand ...

... and I can see that you're bringing some horsepower to the discussions.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/

Return to “Introductions”