Gregory Soderberg

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Gregory Soderberg

Gregory Soderberg

Post by Gregory Soderberg »

Greetings to all!

I teach Koine Greek to 11th and 12th graders at Cary Christian School, one of the largest schools in the Association of Classical Christian Schools. I'm re-working our entire curriculum, so I look forward to learning from you all!
Jonathan Robie

Re: Gregory Soderberg

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Welcome! I live in Durham, there are several other B-Greekers in the neighborhood.

Glad to see you here on B-Greek.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Louis L Sorenson

Post by Louis L Sorenson »

Gregory,

I'm really interested in what curriculum you use. Athenaze? JACT? or something else?

Louis Sorenson
Barry Hofstetter

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Greg, I'd be interested to hear what you are using as well, and specifically how you are reworking your curriculum.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.
Gregory Soderberg

We have used Bill Mounce's Basics of Biblical Greek, and are now using Dave Black's Learn to Read NT Greek. But, I'm exploring lots of options right now.
sconty

Post by sconty »

Hello, my name is Chris Walpow, I attended Cary Christian School for a few years in high school. I did not appreciate it at the time because I was a rebellious teenager, but looking back I cannot tell you how blessed I was. The Biblical curriculum and the selfless dedication of the teachers left a lasting impression on me and showed me a kind of Christianity that I had never seen before.
Gregory Soderberg

Thanks, Chris! I know many of our students don't appreciate what we're trying to do, but it's always encouraging to hear from them later on--most of them do come around and eventually understand the of all the hard work :)

Return to “Introductions”