#Koine on Twitter (?)

Nigel Chapman

#Koine on Twitter (?)

Post by Nigel Chapman »

A search shows one solitary thread on bgreek that uses the keyword "Twitter" in relation to tweeting in Greek (gweeting?) (That would be Μάρκoς, needless to say.)

I follow @DailyKoine (random verse now and then), but otherwise haven't seen much that's relevant. The hashtag #Koine is dead, and #AncientGreek is quiet (though I just answered a simple qn for someone). Nothing on the hashtag #BGreek.

Who else uses Twitter? Anyone want to help adopt #Koine?

My own twitter account is @eukras.
"When eras die their legacies are left to strange police." -- Clarence Day
Nigel Chapman | http://chapman.id.au
Louis L Sorenson

Re: #Koine on Twitter (?)

Post by Louis L Sorenson »

I'm not a Twitter guy, and really wonder how and what would be the advantages of using Twitter. I'm gone during the day about 12 hours, out of contact. So I could not keep a live feed going. I'm very interested in modern media though (I have the @sxole twitter address). So what would you like to see in regards Koine tweets. Twitter is different from RSS feeds, where example, I could have a quote of the day.

I really don't get the concept of how Twitter could help people learn Greek. Now if we could take the Schole.Ning chat and put it on Twitter, that might be interesting. But I really don't want to read about one person and what he does all day long.
Nigel Chapman

Re: #Koine on Twitter (?)

Post by Nigel Chapman »

Twitter is different from RSS feeds, where example, I could have a quote of the day.
No, a Twitter account can serve that purpose. If you follow @DailyKoine you'll find a little verse-a-day usage. It's easy to set up a script to run tweets, thought people usually run these things themselves.
I really don't get the concept of how Twitter could help people learn Greek.
I don't see it helping with the hard-work aspects of learning; I see it as contacts, motivation and regular Greek brain action in a conversational mode; perhaps a good way to coordinate chats as well. That could be useful for anyone, but especially those learning on their own. But it would only help those who use Twitter naturally.
But I really don't want to read about one person and what he does all day long.
Subscribing to a #HashTag means you pick up every time someone uses that hash tag in a tweet. So by following #Koine, you'll see every tweet that includes that tag.
"When eras die their legacies are left to strange police." -- Clarence Day
Nigel Chapman | http://chapman.id.au

Return to “Other”