Jason Hare

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Jason Hare

Jason Hare

Post by Jason Hare »

χαίρετε

I first joined B-Greek around the year 2000. I was a student at Ozark Christian College. Took three years of Greek there, in which we used Mounce and the Erasmian pronunciation. We translated 1 John, the Gospel of John and several other shorter texts while in college.

Always felt like my Greek was lacking, and recently I worked with a group on GreekStudy through level 1 of Athenaze (after years of having Greek on the shelf and only lurking on this B-Greek mailing list). I'd like to get to some reading proficiency in Attic. I've got a long way to go, and lately life's kinda hectic. But, eventually I hope to be really proficient and confident in my Greek.

Hope all are well. I'm looking forward to the new forum, being an active participant in many forums online and having my own Hebrew language instruction forum. I think it's an excellent way to exchange.

Regards!

Jason Hare
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
Jonathan Robie

Re: Jason Hare

Post by Jonathan Robie »

jaihare wrote: and having my own Hebrew language instruction forum
Where?
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Jason Hare

Post by Jason Hare »

Jonathan Robie wrote:
jaihare wrote: and having my own Hebrew language instruction forum
Where?
Hi, Jonathan.

My forum is located at thehebrewcafe.com/forum. The main focus is for those who are studying Hebrew, to answer questions, etc. I want to build something along the lines of what you've done here, but I need to get people involved in asking and answering questions. I really don't like it focusing on me (as it's done until now).

We've got subforums for study groups, but they don't get a lot of attention since we cannot make the material public and must limit access to those who have copies of the books.

I've already put together some instruction on how to read the alphabet and such (on the main site). I'd like to eventually have something much more substantial placed on the site. Any advice or engagement would be appreciated.

On the forum, my name is "Guy" - as it is what I choose to go by in Israel.

Jason (ג'ייסון) quite easily simplifies to Jay/Jai (ג'יי), which in turn is very close to the Hebrew name Guy (גיא).

Regards,
Jason
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
Jason Hare

Post by Jason Hare »

For the sake of those who are new, I would add now that I’ve recently gone through the Athenaze series and feel stronger now in my Greek than ever. My study group is now reading through Lucian’s The Ass as an intermediate reader (the specific volume is available on Amazon). The links above to my site are not up-to-date. I’m not using the site much recently, but I’m doing my Greek study group weekly and will be teaching through the book of Deuteronomy in Hebrew starting in November (for a small group that I’ve already put together).

Oh, and almost nothing of the information from the first post in this thread is still relevant. My website has been changed and doesn’t match the above. I no longer use the forum there. We are moving to YouTube videos on Hebrew, and I’m leading the Lucian group weekly now. I moderate for both B-Greek and B-Hebrew.
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
Bonitaj

Post by Bonitaj »

Hello and Help Jason
Not sure if you'll get to see my request anytime soon, although I'm even wondering if I'm being counter intuitive!
I have another two weeks in which to decide whether or not to begin ANCIENT HEBREW alongside ANCIENT GREEK. My quesion is simply this. Is it an insane idea to try and run two new languages and scripts parallel simultaneously!?
Yes, you're welcome to say "You're nuts"! outright.
Thanks
Bonitaj
Bonitaj
Jason Hare

Post by Jason Hare »

Bonitaj wrote: March 15th, 2024, 11:40 am Hello and Help Jason
Not sure if you'll get to see my request anytime soon, although I'm even wondering if I'm being counter intuitive!
I have another two weeks in which to decide whether or not to begin ANCIENT HEBREW alongside ANCIENT GREEK. My quesion is simply this. Is it an insane idea to try and run two new languages and scripts parallel simultaneously!?
Yes, you're welcome to say "You're nuts"! outright.
Thanks
Bonitaj
It really depends on if it’s within your power to do it. I took Greek for one year before taking beginning Hebrew. The languages are different enough that it should be easy to keep them separate, but it all depends on you!
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel

Return to “Introductions”