Anything related to Biblical Greek that doesn't fit into the other forums.
- Posts: 3340
- Joined: May 5th, 2011, 5:34 pm
- Location: Durham, NC
Reader's Digest is looking for help in preparing a Greek text of the New Testament.
The overall goal of the project is to create a text that is readily accessible to people who do not have advanced knowledge of Greek, can be read quickly and easily, and will offend nobody. Ideally, it should be instantly understandable to those who know no Greek at all.
To reach this goal, the project will eliminate deficiencies found in existing Greek texts:
- Difficult readings and hard to understand sentences
- Challenging grammar and vocabulary
- Material that may be theologically or ethically offensive to some groups
- Overly long passages - the project will reduce the overall length of the New Testament by 40%
- Difficult-to-read critical apparatus
- Material found to be unattractive to advertisers
People who wish to help on this project should contact Reader's Digest directly.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
- Posts: 62
- Joined: June 10th, 2011, 12:38 am
- Location: Portland, OR, USA
- Posts: 294
- Joined: June 4th, 2011, 6:19 pm
- Location: New Mexico
Reminds me of the contest to find the world's best short story - to have elements of religion, high society, suspense, violence and sex.
The winner was
"My God," said the duchess, "Let go my knee!"
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest