Living Language Learning

Stephen Carlson

Living Language Learning

Post by Stephen Carlson »

I have started to learn to Swedish and I will be using a variety of techniques to learn the language. I will also be comparing and contrasting that experience with teaching and learning Koine Greek.
Stephen C. Carlson, Ph.D.
Melbourne, Australia
Jason Hare

Re: Living Language Learning

Post by Jason Hare »

Stephen Carlson wrote:I have started to learn to Swedish and I will be using a variety of techniques to learn the language. I will also be comparing and contrasting that experience with teaching and learning Koine Greek.
Please let us know how this goes! :)
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
Stephen Carlson

I've just started using Rosetta Stone Svenska. There's absolutely no English and no translation. Meaning is conveyed through pictures. Lots of pictures. Lots of pretty pictures. There is also a lot of aural reinforcement. Almost everything is pronounced by a native speaker (woman and man).

There is some speaking on my part, though I was hoping for more. The speech recognition part seems fairly forgiving.
Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Carlson

OK, I just had my first live, interactive session with Rosetta Stone. It was 50 minutes. The lady facilitating the session did everything in Swedish. Basically, the session involved showing pictures and asking questions about them. She was pretty sharp and asked some really good follow up questions, so the process flowed pretty well.
Melbourne, Australia

Return to “Teaching Methods”