Cheap copies of Rahlfs's Septuagint?

Lexicons, Grammars, Reading Guides, History, Culture, and Background
Jason Hare

Cheap copies of Rahlfs's Septuagint?

Post by Jason Hare »

Does anyone know where you can get a cheap (used?) copy of Rahlfs's Septuagint in Manhattan? The cheaper the better. I've checked the Strand and didn't find it (though they have several books in the Loeb series). Any ideas?
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
George F Somsel

Re: Cheap copies of Rahlfs's Septuagint?

Post by George F Somsel »

I don't think there is such an animal as a really cheap copy of Rahlfs. Amazon has it for $49.99 used
http://www.amazon.com/Septuaginta-Testa ... 331&sr=1-2

The listing in used.addall.com has one for $26.81, but that is from Germany so you will end up paying shipping from there. The American Bible Society has it for $56, but that is paperback. Powells (Portland, OR) has it for $56 and $79.95.
george
gfsomsel

… search for truth, hear truth,
learn truth, love truth, speak the truth, hold the truth,
defend the truth till death.

- Jan Hus
MAubrey

Post by MAubrey »

Jason Hare wrote:Does anyone know where you can get a cheap (used?) copy of Rahlfs's Septuagint in Manhattan? The cheaper the better. I've checked the Strand and didn't find it (though they have several books in the Loeb series). Any ideas?
Online is probably your best bet, but I think George is right. It's almost impossible to get a cheap one. If you have the time to wait, you can watch used prices on Amazon. They do fluctuate, albeit slowly. I picked up the two volume set for $25 a couple years ago...

But with most academic books a cheap price is more often than not a fluke.
Mike Aubrey, Linguist
SIL International
Koine-Greek.com
Louis L Sorenson

Post by Louis L Sorenson »

The older print version of Rahlfs from the Deutche Bibelstiftung Stuttgart came in two volumes (Cloth-bound editio nova). I've got one on my shelf. It's my understanding that the upgraded version (editio altera) is in a single volume (supposedly on thinner paper) http://www.amazon.com/Septuaginta-Greek ... eptuaginta

Return to “Books”