Hello

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
Gary Chilo

Hello

Post by Gary Chilo »

My name is Gary Chilo. I am currently a student at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School and currently enrolled in Dr. Carson's Advanced Greek Grammar class. I will be graduating next month. I am preparing my paper on Perfect Periphrastic Constructions in the NT. I look forward to sharing and learning with all of you.

Blessings,
Gary Chilo
Jason Hare

Re: Hello

Post by Jason Hare »

Hi, Gary!

Welcome to B-Greek.

I hope your studies go smoothly and that your paper receives rave reviews!

Is there anything exciting that you can share with us from your research so far?

Regards,
Jason
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
Stephen Carlson

Post by Stephen Carlson »

Yes, welcome to the list. I've been studying the Greek perfect quite a bit, but not so much the periphrastic. I'd be very interested to hear what you have to say. What are you doing with the perfect periphrastic? Looking at its aspect, discourse functions, or what?
Stephen C. Carlson, Ph.D.
Melbourne, Australia
Gary Chilo

Post by Gary Chilo »

My primary focus is on the construction itself (where it is used, who uses it, how it is used). So my entry point into my research is going to be from the realm of verbal aspect. I will know a little more where I am going from there in a little while.

Initial Tidbits: There is only 1 occurrence in the NT where ειναι and the perfect passive participle are within 5 words and it is in Matt 26:43, and that is because of the postpositive particle. Other than that they are all within 4 words. Most of the occurrences are in Luke and Acts.

I will share a lot more once I have it.

Blessings,
Gary

Return to “Introductions”