New book on the Greek Article

Lexicons, Grammars, Reading Guides, History, Culture, and Background
Post Reply
Matthew Longhorn
Posts: 207
Joined: November 10th, 2017, 2:48 pm
Contact:

New book on the Greek Article

Post by Matthew Longhorn » September 11th, 2019, 8:59 am

Just spotted and ordered a new book called "The Article in post-classical Greek". It is published by SIL
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Post-Classical ... oks&sr=1-1

Wallace has given a blurb for it. I can't do a preview of the contents, but figured I would flag it for folk who may be interested in this topic
0 x



MAubrey
Posts: 986
Joined: May 6th, 2011, 8:52 pm
Location: Washington
Contact:

Re: New book on the Greek Article

Post by MAubrey » September 11th, 2019, 1:27 pm

Matthew Longhorn wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 8:59 am
Just spotted and ordered a new book called "The Article in post-classical Greek". It is published by SIL
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Post-Classical ... oks&sr=1-1

Wallace has given a blurb for it. I can't do a preview of the contents, but figured I would flag it for folk who may be interested in this topic
Ah. Yes! I was supposed to contribute a chapter to this, but too many other projects got in my way. I believe Daniel King had actually invited B-Greek participants to submit abstracts when the project was first conceived.
0 x
Mike Aubrey, Linguist
Koine-Greek.com

Stephen Carlson
Posts: 2828
Joined: May 11th, 2011, 10:51 am
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: New book on the Greek Article

Post by Stephen Carlson » September 13th, 2019, 10:07 pm

Interesting. Is there a table of contents for this book? Amazon doesn't list it.
0 x
Stephen C. Carlson, Ph.D.
Melbourne, Australia

Daniel Semler
Posts: 108
Joined: February 18th, 2019, 7:45 pm

Re: New book on the Greek Article

Post by Daniel Semler » September 13th, 2019, 10:40 pm

Stephen Carlson wrote:
September 13th, 2019, 10:07 pm
Interesting. Is there a table of contents for this book? Amazon doesn't list it.
I was wondering that. Took a few searches but here is one:https://www.bokus.com/bok/9781556714139 ... cal-greek/

Thx
D
0 x

Matthew Longhorn
Posts: 207
Joined: November 10th, 2017, 2:48 pm
Contact:

Re: New book on the Greek Article

Post by Matthew Longhorn » September 13th, 2019, 10:47 pm

Thanks Daniel, good to know! I saw it was from SIL and figured I would give it a look through. It is a subject I am still really interested in
0 x

Stephen Carlson
Posts: 2828
Joined: May 11th, 2011, 10:51 am
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: New book on the Greek Article

Post by Stephen Carlson » September 14th, 2019, 7:17 am

Daniel Semler wrote:
September 13th, 2019, 10:40 pm
Stephen Carlson wrote:
September 13th, 2019, 10:07 pm
Interesting. Is there a table of contents for this book? Amazon doesn't list it.
I was wondering that. Took a few searches but here is one:https://www.bokus.com/bok/9781556714139 ... cal-greek/

Thx
D
Good. Thanks. I’ll have to add that book to my wish list.
0 x
Stephen C. Carlson, Ph.D.
Melbourne, Australia

Post Reply

Return to “Books”