[B-Greek] Time Reference in Jn 6:16-21, Matt. 14:22-27, Mk 6:45-62

Nikolaos Adamou nikolaos.adamou at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 3 21:10:31 EDT 2008

The practical aspect of a fisherman's life in a traditional way is clear, fishing is done from midnight to about four o'clock.  Fish disappears to deeper waters as light comes up.  Since they were fishing, it has to be night. Because it is so obvious to the writers of the Gospels, did not need any further time specification.

Nikolaos Adamou, Ph.D.                               ἀναπλ. καθ. Νικόλαος 'ΑδάμουAssociate Professor of Business Management                Διοίκηση  Ἐπιχειρήσεων
BMCC / CUNY                                                                                           Πανεπιστήμιο Πόλεως Νέας Ὑόρκης, Κολλέγιο Μανχάτταν