[B-Greek] ANUPOKRITOS in Wisdom 18:15

George F Somsel gfsomsel at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 19:48:03 EDT 2008

Apparently the translator of this book in NETS felt that it is correct
15 From heaven, from the royal throne, your all-powerful word
     leapt as a stern warrior
     into the land marked for destruction
16 bearing your irrevocable command as a sharp rapier;
Lust, Eynikel & Hauspie in _A Greek-English Lexicon of the Septuagint_ does give "irrevocable."

ἀνυπόκριτος,-ος,-ον     A 0-0-0-0-2=2
Wis 5,18; 18,15
irrevocable,without hypocrisy, unfeigned
Cf. Larcher1984, 389-390; Spicq1978a105.107; 1982656-657
Lust, J., Eynikel, E., & Hauspie, K. (2003). A Greek-English Lexicon of the Septuagint : Revised Edition. Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft: Stuttgart.
 george
gfsomsel

… search for truth, hear truth,
defend the truth till death.