Re: Fwd: John 1:1c

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 07 1995 - 21:38:26 EDT

At 10:28 PM 8/6/95, MR ALAN R CRAIG wrote:
>-- [ From: Alan R. Craig * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --
>
>Again, because I didn't receive any help on this request, I will post
>it yet once again:
>
>> Date: Friday, 21-Jul-95 10:32 AM
>> From: Alan R. Craig \ PRODIGY: (CSRT29A)
>> To: Greek \ Internet: (b-greek@virginia.edu)
>> Subject: John 1:1c
>> Because there appear to be a number of different ones here who either
>have
>> access to some remarkable libraries or to some comprehensive CD-ROM
>> materials, I would be interested in having someone do a search for
>me. I
>> am trying to locate other examples from the N.T. Greek, LXX, or even
>> Classical Greek which parallel the exact word order and precise
>sentence
>> structure as that of John 1:1c; e.g., Acts 28:4; Mark 2:28; Esther 10:
>3
>> (LXX).
>> Thanks in advance, A. Craig.
>
>Thanks again, A. Craig.

I think the real reason why nobody who has been regular on this list has
tackled this question is that there was an exhaustive discussion of
precisely this verselet and all the questions of the anarthrous predicate
noun QEOS in it in the late winter or early spring. I think that everything
which anybody wanted to say was pretty much said then. It's a shame we
don't have a public archive for the list; I think I can put together the
entire correspondence for that thread and send it to you off-line if you
would like, but I really don't think people want to rehearse the very
extensive discussion from earlier in the year.

Carl W. Conrad
(314) 935-4018