B-GRK Q? Black 1988

From: Vincent DeCaen (decaen@epas.utoronto.ca)
Date: Mon Sep 11 1995 - 22:42:30 EDT

I'm wondering about the fate of a little paperback I once picked up by
David Alan Black, "Linguistics for Students of New Testament Greek: A
Survey of Basic Concepts and Applications" (1988). The foreword by
Moises Silva played an important role in my intellectual formation.

1.
I'm curious about critical reviews, about use in courses, about use in
articles; but especially what people on the list might think.

2.
I'm also curious whether such a thing has been done or is in the works
for Biblical Hebrew. Does anyone have any thoughts on the value of
such work if not???

3.
finally, is linguistics actually taught in seminaries? does anyone
know where? just curious. I'd love to know what they do with some of
this stuff in light of conflicts with standard theological positions ;-)

Vincent DeCaen
Near Eastern Studies, University of Toronto
Religion & Culture, Wilfrid Laurier University